CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 30, 2007

My Life

MY LIFE

The concrete is as hard as the future
The weather is as cold as my heart
A stomach as empty as my hopes
Alone in the streets I call home.

I’ve lost everything
Most of all my dignity
Every day begging for help
Embarrassed and ashamed
Scorned and mocked.

My life was not always like this.

I remember smiling.
I remember laughing.
The innocence of a child
Searching for treasure;
Now I search for shelter.

My life was not always like this.

Nobody cares if I live or die
I care least of all.
A prisoner to all my mistakes,
I’d give anything to escape.
I’ve found there is no way out.

I’ve been forced to tell my share of lies
Struggling for clothing and food
But the biggest lie that I’ve ever told?
“My life will not always be like this”.

0 comments: